Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Youth in Revolt


Youth in Revolt (2009)
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403702/]

The Gist:
I have to say, I enjoy Michael Cera. Yes, he's sort of eternally type-casted but the character that he is type-casted as is very enjoyable and thankfully he's starting to break out of the awkward teenager role a bit as well. Here we see him play two characters, one is the sort we're used to seeing (virgin, awkward, verbose, etc), the other is his alter-ego which works pretty well. I'm glad that this movie got made because it allows Cera to start to evolve in the roles he takes, however the film itself is just a passably enjoyable diversion. I think there are moments where it's pretty funny, I think Cera is good, but I think the writing is a bit too witty at times and the relationship a bit too oh...mechanical? Anyway, despite the film's faults it will help ebb my monstrous anticipation for Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment