Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mission Statement

I have thought of an odd mission for myself. Originally it was to take place January 2010 but I can think of no reason to delay it. So it will have started as of yesterday September 1st, 2009 and go until September 1st, 2010. My task will be to watch films that I have egregiously not seen yet. Originally I was going to do one every day, but I think that might be a little intense given school and work so I will instead set out for four films a week. Then perhaps I will write something about the films I watched.

I don't expect anyone to read this, it is more for organizational purposes for myself. If any of my friends do come across it, however, feel free to offer suggestions. Also note I don't know why I called the blog "Film Karma". Perhaps because it sounded catchy. Perhaps because of the idea that watching good film will make me a better filmmaker. Perhaps because, according to dictionary.com, the fourth definition of karma is:

4. the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something.

That seems apt for film.

Click Here to See the Rules

1 comment:

  1. I heartily recommend the movie "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" for it is very funny. I also think that you should watch the masterpiece "Ernest Goes to Camp" followed by its sequels, "Ernest Saves Christmas" and "Ernest Scares Stupid" however you should avoid "Ernest Goes to Jail" as this was very uninspired and I honestly feel that Jim Varney was only in it for the paycheck.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete