Friday, March 26, 2010

Dr. No


Dr. No (1962)
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055928/]

The Gist:
The awesome thing about a James Bond film is that I don't have to give you the gist. It's a James Bond film, it operates on its own conventions. And while I was watching this film/researching Bond films for my paper I came to a realization: even though I have never seen an old Bond film, have never seen any complete bond film save the last two with Daniel Craig, I know exactly what to expect. I have been inculcated through modern media to love James Bond films, that's how pervasive the shit is. I even don't care about the blatant racism and sexism, James Bond is just too badass to let those little things hang me up. I mean come on, he kicked some guys ass without even taking off his fedora. I don't care who you are, that's cool.

1 comment:

  1. You mean to say that you haven't seen Goldeneye?! What is this travesty!

    ReplyDelete