Friday, March 26, 2010

Thirst


Thirst (2009)
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762073/]

The Gist:
I actually watched this film around the same time as Antichirst, when I was trying a mad dash to catch up on 2009 films. I bring this up, because I had an oddly similar impression, namely: first half close to genius, second half mediocre. Park Chan-wook is a fascinating director, but uneven at times. Nowhere is that more evident than in this movie, which has an amazing build up but stalls and gets stuck near the middle of the film. It's still worth watching, and the ending is actually very good as well, in fact pretty great. I won't say anything else about it other than that it's a weird Korean semi-art house vampire flick that is nowhere near as good as the other foreign semi-art house vampire flick you might be thinking of (*cough* Let the Right One In *cough, cough*)

No comments:

Post a Comment