Thursday, July 15, 2010

Predator


Predator (1987)
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093773/]

The Gist:
Sometimes when you watch a wide range of movies, certain standard viewings fall by the waist side. This was the case with Predator, where the film was coming out and I had to admit that I had never seen any of the other Predator movies before. So before I watched Adrien Brody do his best Batman voice as he kicked ass on an Alien world, I sat down and watched Arnold cover himself with mud and fuck up an Alien with a tree trunk and a makeshift wooden bow and arrow. The film works more as a cult movie than as anything more substantive, but the grisly deaths and the anticipation of the Predators arrival works very well here. I also like how near impossible it is to kill the damn thing, makes for good action. However, I do think that after firing thousands of bullets at this guy, it seems a little lame that he's done in by a tree trunk dropping on his ass. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment