Monday, November 23, 2009

Week Twelve

I am so proud of my little project. With the exception of some minor changes throughout I've stayed pretty steadfast, and I do notice a stark difference in my film knowledge already. I've been thinking that I might change something either at the halfway mark or with a new year of the project where I have a slot for re-viewings of important films, since its often so important to get a second impression of a film and because many films require multiple viewings to fully get across their meaning. Anyway, my new queue for the week:

Swordsman 2 (1992) - check
Das Boot (1981) - check
Tokyo! (2008) - check
Election (2005) - check

Yes I know I have Gojira's picture as my profile pic (and my facebook pic too) and I haven't seen it before but sometimes you know you love a movie before you see it. I can guarantee you I love Gojira. Don't ask me how, me and the movie must just have a spiritual connection or something. Also "Gojira!" is really fun to say. And I also had a similar feeling to the original King Kong and that totally lived up to it. So yeah.

2 comments:

  1. I really tried to like Dogville, but could not. It went just one step too far for me to enjoy the whole thing, though I loved the ending. I am curious to know what you will think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll do Dogville next week instead. Either that or Gojira next week.

    ReplyDelete