Friday, January 29, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs


Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844471/]

The Gist:
Alright, so sometimes I need a movie that I can turn my brain off with. Hopefully, when I pick such a movie I can still get something of a quality experience. As far as these requirements go, Cloudy performs quite well. It's safe kids stuff, sure (eg monkey throwing feces). However, at the same time it's incredibly eccentric humor (which is my particular brand of humor along with what I would label as "witty"). And while events play out in their inevitable spiral into chaos and the geeky scientist gets the girl that is way out of his league, at the same time you get a crazy Kung Fu chicken fight, Neil Patrick Harris as a monkey, and random lines like "I wanted to run away, but you can't run away from your own feet".

No comments:

Post a Comment