Monday, January 11, 2010

Week Seventeen

Sort of week seventeen, because it is the eleventh of January right now so it's more like halfway through week eighteen with not much to show for it. Why? A couple of reasons, starting school, obsessively devouring the entirety of 30 Rock (kind of a slow burn that show, takes a while to see that its pretty brilliant). Anyway, I was going to do something different with this month (watch a bunch of movies from last year that I missed to get a more accurate top 10 of 2009, which would negate rule #1 of my rules list. However, no longer, because instead I am changing the rules of the project entirely to make my semester less stressful. You see I have decided to graduate a full year earlier than I had previously intended and am taking 6 classes this year in order to do so. Because of this, I'm going to cut back on this project. Fear not, I'll make it up either by over-stacking during the summer or going past my year due date because it's my project and I can do that. Thus the integrity of the project will stay intact. For now, I think I might do 3 a week instead of four and will keep track of how many movies I have missed from my customary 4 a week that I need to catch up on. Also I might chose this time to enact my idea of one retro-viewing of a film I've already seen to take a slot, in which case I may not end up needing to make up anything at all. Haven't decided yet though. As it stands now, here is my belated week seventeen queue:

Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927) - check
Sullivan's Travels (1941) - check
A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies
- Part 1 (1995) - check
A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies - Part 2 (1995) - check

On Another Note: My Semester got a little easier so I'll try to keep it at 4. This month will be hard to catch up with though.

No comments:

Post a Comment