Friday, February 26, 2010

Swing Time


The Swing Time (1936)
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028333/]

The Gist:
If you don't count Funny Face, and I'd rather not count Funny Face, this is the first Fred Astaire film I've seen. Being so, it did not disappoint. The story was simple but charming, but the life of the film is in its numbers. Also, I don't know if anyone's noticed this but Fred Astaire is a weird looking guy. His forehead is huge, and his legs are crazy long. Just shows that a lot can be forgiven if a guy knows how to tap dance. Anyway, I love how the music numbers informed on the plot, helped viewers grow more attached to the characters. When Ginger Rogers agrees to marry the wrong guy I yelled at my television. That, I think, is the nicest thing I can say about the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment