Sunday, February 28, 2010

Life is Beautiful


Life is Beautiful (1997)
IMDB #77 [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/]

The Gist:
Okay, so this movie took me three sittings to watch (just like Tokyo Story), but for completely different reasons. I watched the first half and it breezed by, it was excellent, very clever writing. Then I had to stop for homework reasons. I picked it back up and the tonal shift happened immediately and then I had to turn it off because it was depressing me. ...A lot. Now that I've finished it, I don't know what to think. My nerves are a little raw from the experience. It's clearly a good movie, and I'm glad that the ending pulls its punches a little. Holocaust movies get to me, it's hard for me to watch this without just feeling depressed and enraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment