Saturday, October 31, 2009

All About My Mother


All About My Mother (1999)
[www.imdb.com/title/tt0185125]

The Gist:
This is only the second Almodovar film I've seen, the first being Volver. And while Volver was good, it was not exactly a key representation to why the director is such a significant figure in cinema. This film, however, made more sense of the director as an artist for me. The film destroyed me. What impressed me most was just how clean the film is cut together, there are no unnecssary moments, it moves through time with expert pacing, every moment is clear and concise and powerful. The story itself is something that I don't know if I can talk about without spoiling elements of the film. Like All That Jazz, this is a film I think people should just see and experience without me giving too much information. So I won't and you should.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I really love Almodovar. I've seen quite a few of his films but am now ashamed to admit that I've forgotten all but a few moments!

    ReplyDelete