Friday, December 18, 2009

Family Guy: Something Something Something Dark Side


Family Guy: Something Something Something Dark Side (2009)
[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1329665/]

The Gist:
See, I'm still wondering if I should count this one just for the simple fact of "what the hell am I supposed to sum up here?" ...It's Family Guy crudely recreating The Empire Strikes Back and it is actually pretty damn funny. All the things that Family Guy has done well in the past they seem to do here, and most of the my personal grievances with their humor is fairly minimal. Also I'm sick with the flu and I wanted to watch something mindless and it fits my criteria for the project so fuck it. I figure my slot for recent films can be used as something of a mindless diversion if I want (see: Away We Go). Anyway, I honestly don't know what to put here other than to dissect the different comic bits (it's really all the film was, a series of bits that loosely tie together the source material) but that would be monotonous I think. I guess I'll just post this and be done with it:

No comments:

Post a Comment